My Namesake

My namesake. It is actually so exciting to say that.

Not as exciting about my brother and sister-in-law having their first baby, but still pretty close. ;)


We found out that my brother and sister-in-law were pregnant in November of last year (2018). It was such a sweet surprise. They got us all together for a bonfire at my parents' house (normal for that time of year), and had us gather for a picture (also very normal for our family #PicturesAllTheTime). Except it wasn't a picture ... it was a video, and they recorded our reaction when they told us they were having a baby!

Group hug! I took the screenshot above ^^^ of the video!

It was hard keeping it a secret from then until January, when they officially announced it to the world.


The next step ... finding out the gender! Since they were finding out in February (Valentine's month), they decided to host a "Sweetheart Dinner" to tell everyone what their little sweetheart would be! Well ... we all found out together that it was a ... GIRL! Of course, I guessed boy, but didn't care what it ended up being. So excited! What made it all the more special was that they already had the name picked out. They are naming her after their sisters:

Aryl is my middle name, and Hannah is Sarah's sister's first name.

(Side note: if anyone is wondering how to say "Aryl" ... it's basically "air" and the "L" sound. Not Ariel ... take out the "E" in that, and you have Aryl.)

I think it is so thoughtful and sweet. What an honor! I guess I never thought that would happen - having a baby named after me. It feels so special, and it warms my heart.


So excited for my favorite couple ever and this journey they are on. I can't wait to meet my niece this summer!



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts