Books :: January-March

When I had Max, I really thought that the amount of reading I did would dwindle. Much to my embarrassment, I didn't reach my Goodreads Reading Goal in 2020. I can make excuses (Covid, prepping my house for a baby, actually having said baby, etc.), but I really had no extra motivation last year to set aside time to read. Why? I could not even tell you, since I LOVE to read.

However, I decided that this year of 2021 ... I was not going to make excuses NOT to do something I love. That being said, I have made time to read. Whether it be on my phone while waiting in the car/store/grocery line ... on my tablet for a few minutes before bed ... during Max's nap times (if I'm done with my tasks at home), I read. Max is also so good at playing on his own for a while, I sometimes fit some reading in while I sit there and watch him.

Maybe it's the fact that I didn't meet my goal last year, but I am highly motivated! It could also be the fact that every book I have read so far this year I have enjoyed! Nothing below a four-star review (in my humble opinion). Two of them (one being a series) have even made it onto my "faves" shelf: A Court of Thorns and Roses series and The Flatshare.

Dread Nation // Deathless Divide // A Court of Thorns and Roses // A Court of Mist and Fury // A Court of Wings and Ruin // A Court of Frost and Starlight // The Janus Stone // Born a Crime // A Court of Silver Flames // The Flatshare // A Merciful Death

I am so thankful that I have made time to read this year and hope it continues! No matter how little time you think you have ... if you love to do something - make time for it! I know it's so hard to do. I also love to workout and run, but still haven't found a balance with that yet... maybe that will be my next challenge! Baby steps.

Comments

Popular Posts