A 90th Birthday

Today is so special. I know I start a lot of my posts with those words, but it truly is! Today my Gramps officially turns 90.

90 years old!


Growing up, it could have easily been said from the outside looking in that my Grams was more involved in the day-to-day of our lives. She cooked for and fed us, took us places, played games, hosted activities.

But when I think about my Gramps, he was just as involved ... just in a different, more quiet way.

*** He took me fishing in the mornings.

*** Showed me how to let the scrub jays land on my hand to eat.

*** Taught me how to safely pick up a snake (and keep it as a pet).

*** Sent us giant grasshoppers in the mail (and we kept Salty the grasshopper as a pet for two years!).

*** Took us canoeing, alligator-spotting, exploring, lizard-catching, and swimming at the springs.

*** Made me sculptures and necklaces.

He also shared his quiet, artsy personality with me. I feel like I'm a lot like him. What a fun childhood I had with such a cool Grandpa! It was always an adventure... and it still is.


This past Sunday, we celebrated his 90 years of life by having a fiesta!!! My Gramps loooooves tacos, so it only made sense. He was surrounded by all the family who could make it in this busy season of life. We are all so thankful and blessed to still have him in our lives.


Happiest of birthdays to you, Gramps! Love you tons.



Comments

Popular Posts