Guest Blog // Aryl's Nursery: Sarah


Who doesn't love a good "before and after" session? They are so satisfying! Especially when you can put on the final touches, look around, and let out a sigh of completion. I'm handing the blog over to my mommy-to-be sister-in-law, Sarah! She has transformed their spare bedroom into their future daughter's nursery. I can't WAIT to share these pictures. I may be biased, but I think this is the sweetest nursery EVER.

Take it away, Sarbs!


I had already decided before we knew that we were having a girl that I wanted to do a woodland theme nursery either way. I decided to do Aryl’s nursery with a floral woodland theme because I wanted something that was a little bit girly but still included the forest animals. I do love the forest creatures - specifically deer, raccoons, foxes, and bunnies - and I thought it would be a pretty, yet whimsical room for her to grow and play in.


I love how this sweet little room turned out! I love looking around the room and seeing the sweet and thoughtful gifts given from so many friends and family. I love that this whole room came together by the giving hands of others. But if I had to pick an area that I called a favorite, I would have to say it’s the little reading corner near the window. Even in this last trimester of pregnancy, I’ve already been sitting in that corner reading books to her. And when she finally gets here, I see Neil and myself reading to her in that corner. I see myself feeding her in the middle of the night in that corner, and rocking her to sleep. I then see her as a toddler in that chair looking at her books by herself or with her kitty, Link. I think that corner is going to hold so many special moments.


I want Aryl to feel like it’s her own special place that she can play, imagine, read, and be anything she wants. I hope her creativity and imagination grow in there. I hope her book shelves become so full that we need to add more. I hope she finds her room to be her fun place where she wants to bring her cousins and friends when they come over, but also a place where she can go for peaceful time if she wants to be alone.



Well, another reason I love the reading corner is the chair. This chair was the type of chair that my Mother-in-law would spend so much time in with Neil and Candace when they were babies and toddlers. She saw this chair, and it was clearly so special to her that she wanted the same chair in Aryl’s room to make memories in. I did want to make it a little unique to Aryl’s room by having the cushion reupholstered. Which is another reason it’s special - my mom took the time to sew a new case for the cushion. I love that Aryl’s Gigi and Grandma both put time and thought into this special chair just for her.



I feel like most Moms-to-Be have an idea of what they want their Baby’s nursery to look like. Advice that I immediately think of first, though, is to not get too wrapped up in a specific look. In the beginning, I spent a lot of time on Pinterest or Etsy looking for specific decor or items. Now I’m not saying don’t get a few things that you really want - I specifically wanted THOSE animal print canvases, so I did indulge in those. But be a little flexible in other items. I found that it was fun to just come across items in places like TJMaxx or Target that would be perfect for the nursery! It was exciting to find something that was not specifically what I pictured, but definitely was a great choice for the room! Then to see it all come together in the end...so satisfying and fun! I can’t wait to watch my little girl grow in this room!


SWEET EXTRA PICTURES TO SHARE:

Shelves by Grands Designs:
Instagram     |     Etsy     |     Facebook

Shop the room:
Crib: HERE or HERE
Book Shelves (linked in body of post)
Round Mirror: Similar HERE



Comments

  1. Sarah, it's absolutely beautiful!!! So excited for y'all!!! Thanks for sharing!!
    Love y'all

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely one of the cutest nurseries I have ever seen!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts