Our Kitchen // Before + After

I am so excited to be sharing this post. I have been so busy over this summer break that I didn't have a chance to take "after" pictures of our kitchen.

However, let's start from the beginning. When we first bought our house back in 2016, our kitchen had 50s-style wood cabinets and 60s/70s wallpaper. It wasn't flashy or over-the-top, so it kind of just "fit" with my style. Still, I knew I wanted to have a black-and-white kitchen ... similar to this 30s-style kitchen here.

I went to Santa Fe, NM this summer with my mom, aunts, and cousins for an extended weekend. It was a Thursday-Monday trip. When we got home and walked in our front door, I was in complete shock! My husband and a group of friends and family had worked on the kitchen alllll weekend. The wallpaper was taken down, the cabinets sanded and painted, the walls painted, etc. I couldn't believe it! The only thing I did was paint the refrigerator in black chalkboard paint (yes, I can write on it) and paint the trim, door frames, and baseboards black. Justin put up the subway tile on his own, apart from my dad coming to help grout one evening!

I'm in love so far! The only things we have left (in the future):
1. floors
2. countertops
3. new sink

Here are some before and after pictures. I feel like white always opens up a room. It definitely did in this one! The room just looks so much bigger and brighter. We also got a mini dishwasher from Justin's parents this past Christmas ... I have BEEN loving that upgrade.


BEFORE + AFTERS:







Thank you to everyone who had a hand in helping with this project!



Comments

Popular Posts