Homer-Ash Wedding

I wanted to do a throwback to our wedding day.
I've been feeling sentimental lately having settled in to our home and our routines together.
I love this man so much.

May 28, 2016
Commerce Civic Center
Bridal photographer: DTR Photography
Food: Kellie's Catering
Cake: tbakes
Flowers: Sandra Ash
Makeup: Erin Briend
Hair: Jessie Briend and Hannah Bugg
Dress: My mother's wedding dress.
Officiant: Mark McAndrew
Wedding planners and design who brought my vision to life: myself, Melody Homer and Audrey Miller with Al Homer, Jessie Briend, Wanda Ulrich, and Dan Ulrich
Wedding coordinators for the day of: Marvelyn Smith and Kelly McAndrew
DJ: Aaron Paul

Processional: "On Top of the World" by Matthew Perryman Jones
Recessional: "Must Have Done Something Right" by Relient K
First Dance: "Can't Help Falling in Love" by Elvis Presley


Pre-Ceremony // My girls got to the venue early to get ready together. My cousin, Becca, had a lovely light breakfast, coffee, and drink spread ready for us when we got there. So sweet.


It's all in the details ... at least to me! Love that she captured the details of our day.

Something Old // my great-grandmother's necklace I wore.
Something New // my flower crown from this Etsy shop.
Something Borrowed // my mother's wedding dress.
Something Blue // my shoes from this Etsy shop! (My nails were also blue.)

Justin's Nan (Grandmother) also gave me a gold coin to put in my shoe!
I drew up the invitations myself, and created our programs for the day.
My bridesmaids carried vintage books down the aisle instead of flowers.

I almost didn't carry flowers, but my friend Helen and I - last minute - threw together a bouquet of flowers that was in the bridal suite from my mother-in-law's garden. We wrapped the flowers in an extra piece of lace left over from my mom's wedding dress alterations.


The table centerpieces! The coffee mug favor station! The dessert table display! The game table! Wow. I cannot thank everyone enough who helped bring this vision to life. My mom, aunts, and I worked very hard on each and every centerpiece for the tables and dessert display.

Tip: If one is creating very unique centerpieces that are different on every table, we -
1. Arranged each and every centerpiece BEFOREHAND,
2. Took pictures from every angle and printed them out,
3. Put that specific "centerpiece set" in its own box along with said photos.
That way, anyone and everyone can help with the setup the day before ... just follow the pictures!

I guess you could say our "theme" if we had one was vintage and books. I am still in love with the look from our brunch wedding. It was classy, vintage, and beautiful. Since our wedding was in the morning rather than the evening, we decided on a brunch wedding with brunch-themed food, desserts, and - of course - coffee! Our favors were also vintage coffee cups.

We had a Jittery Joe's Coffee Bar with two baristas for the day!

My mother made ALL the mini muffins on the dessert table beforehand and froze them. We also got Krispy Kreme Doughnuts to go along with them. Of course, as I also stated, our gorgeous cake was made by tbakes. It was also tasty!

Again, because of the morning hour, our entertainment was the option of games. Our family is BIG into board and card games, so it just made sense that we had a game table or two. Or three.


Ceremony // It was beautiful + sweet. I loved every bit of it. Obviously!


Wedding Party // I was blessed with a brother growing up. I always knew that I wanted him to be a special part of my day, even if it wasn't the "normal." So I asked him to be MY best man and stand with me on my wedding day. I also had my Maid of Honor, Whit, and my six other best friends that I've had for the longest time.





Family Pictures // Justin's Nan, my Grandma, and my Grandpeeps were all able to attend the wedding. I was so very blessed that they all could make it. Also ... of course, our WONDERful families on each side of the "Homer-Ash" spectrum.



Bride + Groom // We took only a few single shots and a few "together" shots. We wanted a few that we could have and remember, but we also wanted to get back in for the reception!



Reception // After we came back in, a prayer was said for the food. While pictures were taken, it was coffee and muffin/doughnut time. Justin and I ate just a little at our seat, but didn't stay long. Our plan for the day was to walk around to every table and talk with all of our guests. Our photographer did a wonderful job following us around and taking pictures of our guests. We wanted them to feel like a big part of our day.

Of course, music was playing, and some games were happening.
Our DJ, Aaron, also kept to the schedule:
First dance.
Father-Daughter poem/speech.
Mother-Son dance.
Maid of Honor speech.
Best Man speech.
Cutting the cake.


First Dance



Mother/Son Dance


Father/Daughter Poem + Speech




Best Man/Maid of Honor Speeches


Cutting the Cake




Our day was perfect for "us." We worked really hard to show Christ as the Focus of this wedding and union. We also wanted our guests to feel super welcome and a part of it all. Loved every minute of this day. The funny thing is ... a lot of people say that their wedding day is a blur, and that they don't remember much. I truly remember every single part of the day. It was so calm and relaxing, I loved taking it all in slowly. I'm so thankful for all the hard work that was put into pulling this wonderful, beautiful, and blessed day off.


The bridal portion of this post is so very special to me. My friend and coworker {Dot of DTRPhotography} agreed to take "three generations" pictures of myself, my mother, and my grandmother. However, she not only took those beautiful and extremely precious pictures of the women in my family :: she also offered to take some bridals of just me. I can't express how beautiful the work is, only by saying that she made ME feel beautiful within the work. Which is hard to do since I don't always love how I look. I can truly say that I feel confident and happy with who I am. They mean the world to me and are special memories of myself with my two favorite women of all time. Thank you for your patience and hard work while taking these very loved photos for me. What a wonderful gift.


Pictures taken by friends and family at our wedding // sometimes the best candid shots or behind-the-scene pictures are the best ones. So glad that our friends and family took some pictures of their own!


Comments

Popular Posts