Books :: January + February 2022


I've been really lazy with the books this New Year. Obviously, the last two months, I've been working through a crime series (see above graphic). I'm finally halfway through the last book and can't wait to start something different.

A reading goal I made last year was to work backwards (from oldest purchased) in my Kindle library ... IN ORDER (no skipping around, unless part of a series was bought as separate times) ... until I finished my Kindle TBR. I will admit I was very proud of myself and made it very far in that goal! Of course, that didn't stop me from continuing to buy Kindle book deals throughout the year of 2021, so my TBR did get a little bigger. However, I did stick with my goal of going in order, starting with the oldest and working my way to the newest purchases.


I am continuing that goal this year, so after I finish Known ... I will be starting the "next in line" purchase Beneath Devil's Bridge.

I am also working on a devotional, Embraced by Lysa TerKeurst. A marriage/self-help/spiritual book with my husband (reading out loud), Real Marriage by Mark and Grace Driscoll. Annnnd my physical book, Serpent & Dove by Shelby Mahurin (which I haven't even read the first page of yet). So ... that being said, I may try a different physical book that I actually WILL start to get out of the slump - one that my friend and coworker just finished reading: The Woman in the Window by A.J. Finn. We will see what happens.

I blew my reading goal for last year out of the water, so I decided to set a heftier goal this time around. I may be paying for it! Let's read together!



Comments

Popular Posts