I Love You So ...


Well, we are yet another event closer to the arrival of Baby Ash! On May 16th, my mom and sister-in-law threw Max a wonderful and beautiful Where the Wild Things Are baby shower! During this time, there were a lot of curve balls thrown their way!

At first, they were told the shower was a "go" for all-things-normal.
Then ... two days before the actual shower, plans changed!
It could only be drop-in with less than ten people per twenty-five minute "time slot."
They also couldn't have buffet style food platters, so they had to cancel that order last-minute ... enter coffee-and-cake time!
Because of the specific time slots, games were no longer an option either, so they just had me do a drawing for prizes with each wave of guests.

I am SO thankful for these two ladies because they handled all of this with flexibility, grace, and ease. I can't begin to describe how pleased I was with the shower; they worked so hard to still make it as special as possible.



Even if I could have had a "normal" shower, I know I would have loved it just the same. What sweet and simple decorations and attention to detail. Everything was gorgeous! If I'm being completely honest, I actually loved having more intimate interaction with each small group of people. It made me a little more comfortable than I would have been in a larger crowd. Who knew?? :)


I'm also so so blessed with family and friends who were super flexible and still came to shower us and the baby. Overwhelmed with gratitude is a great phrase to describe my entire feelings of this day.


Cookie Favors: A Cookie Occasion



Comments

Popular Posts