Snow Day Magic


This past weekend was magical! Our southern state of Georgia rarely gets snow. So when it comes (regardless of how much or how little), we. Get. Excited!!! It was a complete surprise for me this weekend. My mom and I were having a "girls' night" and sleepover on Friday with our two little family members - my cousins and mom's nieces. Saturday morning, the weather stated that there would be snow around 11-12:00. Knowing that our flurries may be short-lived, I kept telling the girls, "Now, don't get too too excited. It will probably snow, but it won't stick. But we can hope!"


Well, I had to eat my words ... and I was happy to! We got a decent enough amount to take them sledding, build a snowman or two, and take a walk in the "winter wonderland" (according to Alana). It was a very very fun afternoon.


Even after the girls left, my mom and I walked all the trails again just to take pictures and enjoy the scenery ... we may have even sledded a few more times down the roof. ;)


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts