Ulrich Sisters with Daughters 2017 // New Orleans

My Grams passed away this past December. Her birthday was yesterday, June 29th.


(Little Candace and baby Neil pictured with Grams above.)

My aunts and mom (the three Ulrich sisters) decided that, in honor of their mother's birthday every year, they would plan a trip with their own daughters. This year was the first of these trips.

I miss my Grams so very much. I had the privilege of living close to her for most of my young adult - early adult years. Frequent visits and shopping days, slumber parties in her pool house, lunch every Sunday, and days where we would just sit and snack on popcorn while playing Scrabble. I was so very blessed to have a Grandmother who loved spending time with me and who taught me so much about life. I'm reminded of her all the time, by the simplest things. A smell, a sound, a song. Even the kitchen section in every store or a Dairy Queen on the corner.

We had a fun time on this trip together, the Ulrich sisters with their daughters, and I am looking forward to remembering my Grams every year in this way.

Location: New Orleans.


Comments

Popular Posts