Home Tour.

When we bought this house as our "first home" back in June, every. single. inch. of the floor was covered in carpet. The day we officially got the keys, a team of our family and friends immediately headed to the house for carpet-rip-up (for which we paid them in pizza). That was the very first thing we did. Ripped up the carpet, pulled out the staples, scrubbed and cleaned the hardwood floors underneath, and polished them (finally)! While the men did that, the ladies completely scrubbed down and cleaned the kitchen. When everyone left, I stayed up ALL night long (no joke. an all-nighter) so that I could finish the kitchen. I just needed one, complete room as a sanctuary in our home. For those who don't know me, I am slightly OCD and very much like to have everything in order. The entire night was spent opening all the boxes of our kitchen appliances, washing ALL the dishes, silverware, and pots and pans (notice, we do not have a dishwasher), and lining and organizing all of the cupboard space. I think my husband thought I was crazy when I woke him up at 7:00 the next morning to show him my accomplishment.

Since finishing the kitchen that first night, we have slowly (but surely) worked on each room. We got really lucky with white walls and a neutral bathroom! We have completed little projects, and have started planning bigger ones. Building on the back of our home, for starters. But I love our little home, and have enjoyed creating in it with Justin.

Kitchen:
What's special about the kitchen is the table that was hand-crafted/built by a family friend of my dad's. It's perfect for our needs. I also love the granite slab that is on it because it's a leftover from my parents' house.


Music Room and Library:
The music room/library is just what it says. My husband's instruments are the guitars, banjo, keyboard, etc. --> MY <-- instrument is the record player. That is the only thing I know how to play. I got it when I was in high school, and the vinyl collection is also mine. We figured the music room was also a great place for our library.


Our Tiny Bathroom:
My favorite part about this room is obviously our collection of gold-framed mirrors.


Living Room:
I love the archway that leads from the dining room into the living room. It adds so much character. I'm also in love with our white rug. My husband's added decor: the gun safe and bicycle hanging rack.


Dining Room:
Pow! The light fixture is my pride and joy. I also have an obsession with glassware and any sort of vintage dish. Much to my husband's dismay.


Closet Room:
Yes, you read that correctly. Closet "room." Since 1. all of our closets are small, 2. it's just the two of us, and 3. our house isn't really big enough for a guest bedroom ... we decided to turn it into a walk-in closet. All of our dressers, wardrobes, and laundry baskets are in this room. I also get ready in this room in the mornings because our bathroom is so small. It's worked out wonderfully!


Master Bedroom:
It's small, but useful and perfect for us. I love this room because of the antique bed frame I got a few years back and had in storage. I also love that the gallery wall we have in here displays all the art DONE by people we know, or GIVEN by people we know. It makes it special. PS: I also am obsessed with the addition of the beautiful fan my husband put in!


Comments

Popular Posts