Bathroom Remodel

Checking in after a long few weeks for us at the Ash house! We have been living with my in-laws (sorry, David + Sandra) for the last couple of weeks because of our house demo. I'm calling it "Justin's version of nesting" aka "getting ready for baby." Not only have we remodeled the bathroom ... we got new kitchen floors, countertops, and sink, can lights in the living room (we've never had overhead light in there), and a fresh coat of paint in the hall. Yes, one thing led to another with Justin, so he just knocked it all out at once. However, I am JUST focusing on the bathroom today!


**Update: I am just sitting down weeks later from the above "weeks" to include the final pictures since we finally just got our curtain put up. We have been home since March 5th as of right now.**

As a reminder ... here is what our little bathroom looked like before. I didn't get a chance to take a lot of "before photos," so I have to work with what I've got! Behold: brown and tan tile working up half of the wall, brown and tan tile floor, a larger sink and vanity that takes up most of the floor, and a closet that you can't see behind the main door. Side note: we also never had a single plug/outlet in the bathroom! **All in all, I must say that I've considered us blessed that our bathroom WAS done neutral colors (not pink, pastels, or another popular color of the 60's) ... even if browns and tans are not my thing.**


Our contractor suggested that we give up the "closet space" behind the door to reposition the sink. It really opened up the space and the main part of the floor. Because of that, the way the door opened into the bathroom had to be switched.

All the tile came off the walls, floors, and shower.
New drywall and white paint.
The new sink and vanity are now tucked in what used to be the closet space.
My beloved black and white patterned tile is the "pop" within the space.
New tub/shower unit with larger, new white subway tile.
A fan and a couple of outlets have finally been put in. (I can dry my hair in here now?! Whaaat?)

Here are some pictures of the process as it was happening ... hey, you've got to include the good, bad, and ugly (and this was UGLY).


Finally ... introducing our updated bathroom:


Can I get an "amen?" I am so pleased with the result! I always wonder - while picking out what we think we want (colors, tile, paint, stain, position, etc.) - if the vision in my mind will end up being what I imagined when it's all said and done. It's that and much more for us! So so excited and blessed. Thank you to EVERYONE who had a hand in making this happen -- especially my personal handyman, Justin!

Room links:

We used this hand towel holder from this set.
This toilet paper holder from this set.
Curtain (We only used one of the two panels.)
You can't see in the pictures, but we used this light fixture and this shower head set.

Our contractor not only switched the door and utilized the closet space for where the sink is now ... he put up the shiplap wall we wanted and MADE the vanity counter and frame around the mirror. So we did not specifically buy those anywhere: they're totally original! 

Comments

  1. Love it all!! Simply lovely! So glad you’re back in your home... and can dry your hair in the bathroom now!! Woohoo!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts